Campit offers a variety of accommodations for outdoor recreation. With the recent addition of Westwood, our combined properties are now 33 acres and our amenities include 2 ponds, a creek, wooded nature trails, 3 bathhouses, a rec hall, a club house, game room, heated swimming pool, volleyball, horseshoes and a community fire pit.
RV SITES: Over 100 RV sites are available at Campit. RV sites in the original Central Park area are grassy sites with water and electric sites with 30 amp electric. (Some Central Park sites have 50 amp connections.) Campit has both a drive up dump station and pump out service. RV sites in the East Village neighborhood have deep graveled driveways with full hookup and 50 amp electric service. Campit’s Westwood RV sites are 100’ pull through sites with full hook ups and 50 or 100 amp electric service.
TENT CAMPING: Five wooded camping areas are offered for tenting:
- The “Old Horseshoe” is Campit’s original and still most social tenting area. Its circular driveway provides easy access for setting up your campsite. (Note that onsite parking may be restricted on busy weekends.) 1/3 of the tent sites in the "Old Horseshoe" have electric service for an additional charge of $6/day.
- The “New Horseshoe” is Campit’s largest tenting area and offers sites for more private camping in a rustic wooded setting. 8 tent sites in the "New Horseshoe" are now equipped with electric service for an additional charge of $6/day.
- The “Men’s Horseshoe” also know as “Wisconsin” is a very rustic and private hike-in tenting area for men and offers a camping and sunbathing alternative.
- “Creekside” sites offer a natural wooded setting with vehicle access.
- "Westwood" offers a large wooded tenting area with adjacent parking lot.
RESORT AMENITIES: Campit’s three bathhouses offer a variety of facilities including private showers, locker room style gang showers, and outdoor showers. The resort includes a clubhouse, rec hall, a game room, heated in-ground swimming pool, volleyball, horseshoes and popular nature trails for nocturnal exploration. The Campit Store is stocked with any essentials you may forget, plus ice, firewood, beer, groceries, frozen goodies, Campit wear, as well as an extensive collection of Pride merchandise. Campit’s “Toy Store” for men and women provides a broad selection of leather items, novelties, personal items and accessories.
LODGING: Campit offers a variety of lodging options for members. For those who prefer a camping experience, check out our Sleeper Cabins and Vintage Travel Trailer rentals. For those who prefer more creature comforts we recommend Campit’s Bed and Breakfast or our full service Resort Cabins in Westwood.
For pictures and details about any of these lodging choices, please refer to the Staying at Campit and Lodging pages.
PET POLICY: Friendly dogs and cats are welcome at Campit for tenting and RV'ing, in the Sleeper Cabins and in the Vintage Rental Trailers at the resort. Pets are allowed in the Standard Resort Cabin with an additional pet fee. To protect our members with allergies, pets are not permitted in those facilities where the resort provides bedding such as the Premium Resort Cabin rentals and the B&B. Campit’s pet policy requires basic courtesy to other guests including keeping your pet leashed at all times, cleaning up after them and not leaving your dog unattended at any time. (Unattended dogs tend to get lonely and cry, disturbing other guests). Please register your pet with us when you check in – it's free, and helps us reunite lost babies and parents.
Please Note: A $30.00 housekeeping surcharge may be added to your credit card, after checkout, if additional cleaning is required following your pet’s visit in our Sleeper Cabins, Standard Resort Cabins and Vintage Trailers.
Saugatuck/Douglas is central to major cities in the midwest:
Fort Wayne, IN
Grand Rapids, MI